another victim!
pls avoid this web!
iWebMusic.com!
I found another tBlogger using iWebMusic.com and decided to check them out. At first the sevice looked awesome. You could make a low quality version of your favorite song and upload it to the server, then have it play on your blog, and all of this is FREE. Sounds like a sweet deal right? I thought so too.
It turns out that somethings are too good to be true. Shortly after adding this to my blog some fellow tbloggers commented that my page was crashing their pc's. Naturally I assumed that tblog had decided to start selling pop-up ads like most free hosting providers on the net. While this disturbed me I did not notice anything on my end, so I blew it off and figured that perhaps there are still some people using 486's to access the net.
I left for vacation and when I came back the complaints continued. Then it finally happened to me. After accessing my own blog I got into a Call of Duty match. All throughout the match pop-up messages kept killing my game. This made me very irritated so after the match I began to track down the source.
According to my reg. some previously unidentified spyware was installed from a link on my blog. I spent the last few weeks removing and adding back link in an attempt to find the spyware sponsor.
Finally with the help of rinna I found that the iWebMusic.com was the root of all the trouble. I have since removed the music service and suggest strongly that any fellow bloggers remove it as well. And to any previous visitors I suggest that you download the latest version of Spybot S&D or Adaware update it and scan your machine. You can get these from:
Download.com
Here is the IWebMusic.com Privacy Policy. It makes no mention of the software it forces users to download with a trick message that states. "you must click yes to continue" even after you have clicked no once. Clicking no or cancel again will make this disappear.
"Privacy Policy
To protect your privacy, iWebMusic.com follows the following principles for customer privacy and data protection.
WHY WE OBTAIN INFORMATION
We will ask you when we need information that personally identifies you (personal information) or allows us to contact you. Generally this information is requested when you create a new user profile on the site to use specific features available only to registered users.
The primary reason we obtain this information is to make the site easier for you to use by not having you enter information more than once. We may also periodically use your information to alert you to updated information and other new services from i Web Music.
If you choose not to register or provide personal information, you can still use the i Web Music website. But you will not be able to access areas or use features that require registration.
NOTICE TO PARENTS
Parents or guardians: we want to help you guard your children's privacy. We encourage you to talk to your children about safe and responsible use of their Personal Information while using the Internet.
COOKIES
We do not set any cookies unless you log into our online forum. You have the choice to allow the cookie per session or not. Our third party advertisers may place or recognize a unique “cookie” on your browser.
THIRD PARTY ADVERTISING
We use BUDS INC and other third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Web site. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements on this site and other sites about goods and services that may be of interest to you.
THIRD PARTY COOKIES
In the course of serving advertisements to this site, our third-party advertiser may place or recognize a unique “cookie” on your browser.
For questions/comments please email info at iwebmusic.com. "
Dienstag, April 12, 2005
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen